Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is relaunching its recent energy efficiency quiz challenge – this time with a holiday twist. Our Kirk Gimenez interviewed FPL spokesperson Barbara Thompson to learn more.
Watch the interview or read more below.
· Now through December 16, FPL customers can test their knowledge of ways to save energy for a chance to win a $50 Restaurant.com gift card and $6 VUDU Promo Code, up to 500 customers will win!
· 20 grand prize winners will also win a world-famous Joe’s Stone Crab key lime pie shipped directly to their home for the holidays
· Players will race against the clock to answer multiple choice questions using the game’s interactive platform while learning tips on how to save energy this holiday season
· For a leg up on the competition, activate your free Energy Analyzer today at FPL.com/TakeControl for customized tips on how you can save energy and money
· Go to FPLsavetogether.com for your chance to win!
Thompson also spoke with Kirk about some energy saving tips this holiday season. Here are some tips that will save you money and allow you to light up your house without breaking the bank.
Residential Energy Efficiency Tips:
- Purchasing LED lights may be more costly upfront but will save you money throughout the season. LED lights use 80 to 90 percent less energy and can last 10 times as long as standard incandescent bulbs, which saves you more over time.
- Use automatic timers to control how long you are running your lights or holiday inflatables each day. The fewer the hours, the less energy you’ll use.
- Although large inflatable decorations are fun and highly popular, they can be some of the most expensive holiday decorations in terms of energy usage. Instead, opt for a fun activity for the kids and make your own wreaths, ribbons or ornaments – all festive decorations that require no energy.
- If you’re investing in larger appliances or electronics this holiday season, select models that are ENERGY STAR®-rated as they’ll use 40 percent less energy than comparable models.