TAMPA, Fla. — Calling all true crime fans — MagellanTV is seeking to pay one person to binge crime shows for 24 hours and post about it on social media.
"Our candidate has a passion for all things true crime," the description says. "They can handle the creepiest serial killer, the grizzliest details, and the haunting spookiness of the paranormal. So much so that our candidate is willing to stream it nonstop for 24 hours straight."
Whoever is selected for the job will get:
- $1000 cash for complete the job requirements.
- 1-year free membership to MagellanTV.
- Three, 3-month memberships for friends and family.
The challenge, which only applies to U.S. residents, would have the winner watch the following.
- "Manson's Missing Victims" 47 min
- "Manson 40 Years Later" 90 min
- "Tortured to Death: Murdering the Nanny" 44 min
- "Murder on the Internet" 86 min
- "Women on Death Row" 53 min
- "Killer in the Family" 45 min
- "Columbine Massacre: In the Killer's Mind" 51 min
- "Last Confessions of the Cannibal" 58 min
- "Behind Bars" 288 min
- "Parachute Murder Plot" 46 min
- "Art Trafficking: Gray Market" 53 min
- "Crimes that Made History" 130 min
- "Jonestown: Paradise Lost" 200 min
- "Undercover Asia" 132 min
- "Trafficking Pills" 54 min
- "Delhi Cops" 92 min
The deadline to apply is May 4 at 5 p.m. EST. The winner will be notified within 10 business days of the closing date. If that person can't be contacted within five days, MagellanTV could pick another person.
According to the terms and conditions, the winner will be "be required to complete certain tasks determined by the MagellanTV LLC team." If those tasks aren't completed, MagellanTV says the winner will not get the cash prize.
Click here to fill out the application and get more information.
This story was originally published by Emily McCain on WFTS in Tampa, Florida.