Music, pop-up stores and more on Miami Beach! Lincoln Road Mall has so much to offer during the Holiday season, including Musicians in Golf Carts.
Our Kirk Gimenez interviewed Lincoln Road Business Improvement District’s Executive Director Tim Schmand to learn more on all of their new, fun and socially safe open-air activities.
For more, watch the interview or read below for all of the seasonal fun on Lincoln Road Mall:
- Launching November 13, 2020 - Home to the world-renowned New World Symphony [nws.edu], the Lincoln Road District has tapped its talented tenant to entertain pedestrians, diners, and shoppers from golf carts, driven up and down the Road. The roving musicians remain in constant motion to ensure crowds don’t gather, and provide consumers with the arts and cultural experiences they’ve come to love from Lincoln Road at a time when the symphony can’t perform for large audiences and social distancing remains critical. The program will begin again in November and carry on through April 2021.
Fairchild Gardens on Lincoln Road
- Launching November 19, 2020 - The tropical foliage that decorates the Road – from the thousands of native orchids that adorn the trees to the gorgeous greenery that enlivens the pedestrian promenade – is an untapped (natural) resource on Lincoln Road. The LR BID is working with the famed Fairchild Tropical Garden to curate a QR code system on Lincoln Road, so that those interested in learning more about the vibrant vegetation on Lincoln Road can stop and smell the flowers and discover something new in the process.
Sky High Fitness Classes
- Launched Summer 2020 - With many parking lots sitting empty, the Lincoln Road BID to convert the iconic Herzog & de Meuron-designed garage at the 1111 building into an expansive 25,000 square foot fitness studio and offers complimentary bootcamp and yoga classes every weekend. During the week, participating fitness studios are able to utilize the space as their own, in order to provide their followers with an outdoor venue to take workout classes. Although the building can accommodate 550 people in its open-air space, classes are limited to 70 participants to ensure social distancing practices are maintained – the floors are also pre-marked with squares spaced 10 feet apart.
Seven Deadly Sins
- Launching end of November 2020 - The epicenter of cultural innovation amid the pandemic, Lincoln Road will soon bring audiences and live performances back to one of the world’s most famous commercial and pedestrian thoroughfares. A diverse group of nationally recognized, award-winning playwrights will premiere seven newly commissioned short plays to Lincoln Road storefronts, each focused on one deadly sin: Lust, Greed, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony and Pride. In rotation over 90 minutes, groups of ten theatergoers will maintain social distance, listening through headphones while actors perform the short plays safely behind the windows of the seven Lincoln Road storefronts. Performances are slated to begin in late November and run through January 2021.
- Opening end of 2020 - Dubbed the most interesting store in the world, will open its second location (first location in NYC) at 530 Lincoln Road. The company pioneered a cultural retail model that works with artists to install readymade and site-specific works throughout the retail space and is as unique as Lincoln Road itself.
Artist-Driven and Local Brand Popups
- Renegade Rustlers: A funky, boho-chic vintage boutique. Owner Jozy DeFord, a proud transgender female, chose Lincoln Road because of its artsy, diverse, and accepting environment.
- Plant Daddy: One of the pandemic’s biggest “trends” Miami Native Gabriel Diaz is excited to share his expertise on flowers and foliage with Miami’s residents, locals, and visitors.
- David Rosen Galleries: An art gallery and sculpture garden, David Rosen’s goal is to give local artists the opportunity to exhibit their work. The outdoor garden features life-sized sculptures and lively murals.
- Car Show Popups: While the pandemic has forced the postponement of auto shows around the planet, one smart car manufacturer is bringing mini-shows to one of the nation’s most popular pedestrian retail and entertainment districts. Toyota and Lexus are hosting popups at 744 and 904 Lincoln Road respectively, running from Nov 1, 2020 – Jan 31, 2021.
- Sol + Sorbet: Sol + Sorbet has been recognized as an emerging Miami - based boutique resort wear brand. Combined with her passion for travel and fashion, her collections are inspired by the scenic beaches of the Mediterranean and the glamorous beaches of Miami, which is why she chose Miami Beach’s most iconic shopping destination to open her first brick and mortar.