On Friday, five new COVID-19 testing sites opened in South Florida.
These new drive-thru sites will be open until August 2 at 6 p.m. Each one opens daily at 8 a.m. and closes at 6 p.m., and will test individuals 5 and older, with or without symptoms.
The testing locations are:
- Dillard High School2501 NW 11th StreetFort Lauderdale, Florida 33311
- Blanche Ely High School1201 NW 6th AvenuePompano Beach, Florida 33060
- MacArthur High School6501 Hollywood BoulevardHollywood, Florida 33024
- Miami Jackson High School1751 NW 36th StreetMiami, Florida 33142
- Miami-Dade Auditorium2901 W. Flagler StreetMiami, Florida 33135
While appointments are not required they are recommended. To make an appointment go to https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/
In a press conference on Thursday, Miami-Dade mayor Carlos Gimenez and U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams discussed the new testing sites.
"They tested 70 people in the first 30 minutes. They are churning them through," Adams said.
At these sites a volunteer will instruct you on how to swab your own nose and then give them test back.
"The mayor and the lieutenant governor and I just went through a demonstration, it is easy as can be," he said.