Election Guide 2020 - Banner

Key Dates and Deadlines

Mon, Oct. 5: Voter Registration Deadline
Tue, Oct. 6: Early Voting Begins
Sat, Oct. 31: Request Absentee/Mail-In Ballot Deadline
Mon, Nov. 2: Absentee/Mail-In Postmark by Date
Tues, Nov. 3: In-Person Voting
Fri, Nov. 13: Absentee/Mail-In Delivered By Date

Register to Vote

Mon, Oct. 5: Voter Registration Deadline
Register to vote or check your registration status.

Absentee/Mail-In Voting

Sat, Oct. 24: Request Absentee/Mail-In Ballot Deadline

Tues, Nov. 3: Deadline to return Mail-In Ballot at 7 p.m.

1. Request an absentee ballot. Print it out, sign it and mail the request form back to your county board of elections.

2. Receive your ballot in the mail.

3. Fill your ballot out. You can mail it back or deliver it in person to your local county elections board.

Early In-Person Voting

Tue, Oct. 6: Early Voting Begins

Any eligible voter can also vote early in-person at your county board of elections, starting on the day after voter registration closes (Oct. 5).

In-person Voting

Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 3.

You need to bring ID. If you don't, you can request a provisional ballot. (ID rules my vary for absentee ballots and first-time voters.) See more options below.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I do not have a valid ID?
If you do not have a valid ID, you can cast a provisional ballot by providing your Ohio driver's license, state identification number or the last four digits of your Social Security number. Once the information is reviewed and verified by the board of elections, your ballot will be counted.

You may need to cast a provisional ballot if your voter status is in flux. This could be because you recently moved and have not updated your voter information by the Oct. 5 deadline. For more information and scenarios which may require you to cast a provisional ballot, click here.

What are my voting options if I'm a member of the armed forces or overseas?
Click here to learn how to vote if you are a member of the armed forces or are otherwise overseas.